Monday 29 April 2013

Sue Spargo lecture.

Friday night I had the opportunity to listen to a lecture by Sue Spargo.
 She brought a beautiful selection of her original quilts for us to enjoy.  Magnolia is the one below.
 Lots of twists and turns in this one.
 Love the acid green.
 
 One of her blocks of the month.
 Reflections of her life in Africa.
 This next quilt is queen sized, the final borders didn't fit in the picture and it alone weighs 20 lbs.
 Imperial Blossoms.  Lots of creative stitching on this on 36 different ones.
 Note the winding path leading from the house.
 Places in the world she has taught.
 The cover of her Creative Stitches book.
These are the 56 leaves that I whipped stitched down in preparation for the class that started Sunday.  This morning is part two.  So much to learn in such a short time.
This is the photo that inspired my placement of my leaves.
 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! Lucky you to get to take that class! I'm not as wild about wool appliqué as some, but this stuff is gorgeous. No wonder my friend Phyl is going to take classes from her on a quilt cruise this summer!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Yes, lucky you! I love Sue Spargo's applique' quilts and especially her sense of color. How fun!