Sunday 11 June 2017

The Road to Spokane and Creativity!

June 2nd I drove down I-5 then went off to I-90.  I made several brief stops for coffee and gas before taking a longer break to check Ruby's Painting, Scrapbooking and Things.  Things included quilting, knitting, embroidery and sewing machines.
 The front of the shop is mainly quilting and sewing machines.
 They have a good selection of sewing threads.
 In the back half they have embroidery threads and yarns.
 I was drawn to this fun black and white fabric and then headed back to the road.

My next stop was Thorp Fruit Stand and Antiques.  This building has a main floor of fruits and then two floors above of antiques.  I loved the pineapple punch tin on the doors of this buffet.

There were many lovely antique quilts to enjoy looking at; including this basket quilt.
 This beaded Japanese skirt was a work of art.
 A double wedding ring with some gorgeous quilting.
 A closer look at the centre motif.
 A lovely yo yo quilt.
 Grandmother's flower garden.
 Loved the red polka dot butter dish and the measuring cups.
 Old folding camp chairs.
 I was tempted by the yellow one but left it where it was.
 I arrived in Spokane around 4:30 and found this lovely king bed room waiting for me.

There was even a chair and footstool in the corner along with a fridge and microwave.
 And a gorgeous sunset view to the west to watch.
 ;as the sun went down and the colours changed
 to purples and pinks.
 .to pale blues and greys.
 .and paler yet.
 The next day I went to find a new shop that had just opened on Wednesday called As The Crow Flies.  I heard about her from a Facebook Group called Wool Applique.
                            
I arrived a bit early but was welcomed in by Juli the owner.  Here is her Christmas room.
 She has a lot of her own designs available.
 Fun Winter and Christmas themes.
 A preview of a soon to be released pattern.
 Lovely displays.
 Cute sewing themed pieces.
 It is packed with inspirations.
 I love her logo.
 In the main room all sorts of treats to temp you.
 Wool tomato with a strawberry, I almost bought the framed pattern.
 Love her banner.
 Hearts a flutter.
 Cute topper for a tin.
 Sweet rabbit silhouette.
 Wish I could have bought this crow!
 Fun corner.
 Meet Juli!  She is an R.N. who got into medical sales.  She has pushed it back into the rear of the shop and is enjoying her new space filled with wool creativity.
 Love this phrase on the bins.
 Lovely vignettes all over the shop. Juli also sells wool patterns and wool fabric from other designers.
 My purchases from the shop some lovely cream and a piece of brown wool and the mini seasonal crow pillows.  Here is a link to her website http://www.asthecrowfliesquiltshop.com/
 I also went to Hobby Lobby as we don't have one in my area.  Couldn't pass up on these charms which were on sale.
 I think I'm going to make this a scissor charm.
 Can't pass up some buzzing bees.
 These may show up on my fish quilts eventually.
 At Barnes and Noble I found this new magazine.  It has no advertising!  The first issue featured stores about Oregon.
 The second focused on Ohio.
 And another spectacular sunset series to end the day.
 .amazing how they colours change.
 .love the intense yellow and pinks..
 then fading...
 and more intense...
 then pale again.
Tomorrow time to meet up with Mary Lou and other retreaters and head to the Farm Chicks Sale!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Your trip started off with visiting some fun places. I bet it only got better.

WoolenSails said...

What an amazing trip so far, love the stores, especially the second one and your room has such a beautiful sunset view.

Debbie

The little book of Nessie said...

Looks like you are having a lovely time on your trip. Great scenery, great shops and great company. Regards, Nessie

Susan said...

My librarian gave me a copy of the first of those magazines and it is really great. I looked up a subscription, but it's too much for my budget right now. That looks like a fabulous store, one I'd love to visit myself. Thanks for sharing these great photos.