Sunday 6 August 2017

Friday Adventures

Friday I went to lunch with some friends who had driven together in one car.  Afterwards I decided to go on a little drive to check out a new to me quilt shop in Maple Ridge called Dinky Doo Quilt Shop.  She's had an on line presence for awhile and opened a bricks and mortar shop some time ago.  You can check out their on line store here. They were packing up the monthly fat quarter club envelops as I visitted.
 The shop has very clean look to it. They are part of the Modern Quilt movement here in the Vancouver B.C. area.  That tote on the floor housed their sale fabrics which were deeply discounted.
 They carry Moda Bella Solids, not always that easily found and good to know.  They also have some of the grunge line and their new dots.
 They have some great notions on the triangle display.
 Love the saying on this tote bag!
 Their samples are lovely love the crossed sticks that are incorporated into this lone star block.
 Their mascot Dinky Doo.
 They have some lovely gift ware what a great glass for taking to retreat or whenever!
 Coffee or tea?
 You get the feeling you could peel the post it off and add a new one but it is actually part of the mug.
 Some pillows, toes and a table runner.
 The Moda pattern Love made up with a charm square pack.
 A new kit made by Gingiber by Moda called Merrily.
 I've seen the Rifle Paper Wonderland and they had some.  I got yardage of the cream and pieces of the other four.
 Love those stacking teacups and teapots.  Alice and the Queen featured on the other.
 My friend Anna made up Thicket for her new grandson and I've been tempted to buy the panels.
 There are four animals on the large one.
 And 16 small ones that all came home with me.
 I'm on their mailing list and in the morning they had sent out they had this double wide fabric in two colour ways.  I got the last piece of the black on white and the same amount of the white on black.
 If you are in the area I'd check it out the staff were lovely and I will definitely go back for another visit.

On the way home I went to another shop and picked up two more of the American regions of the Cantik mystery blocks.  I've been to both the Great Plains and Deep South regions.  I need to review the ones I've bought and see if I need any other regions before I start making these up.
Enjoy the balance of your long weekend if your province is having its provincial day.  Today is looking a bit brighter despite the smoke in the air.

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful shop and fun to have gifts that you can get for your quilting friends.
Wonderful kits and I have a couple with cats that i found in a thrift, not sure if i will have the time for them.

Debbie

Kyle said...

I was wondering what a Dinky Doo was! Love the Thickets animals. I might have to check out more of that.

Anna said...

LOVE the name of the shop, LOL! And I have got to order that tote!!! or maybe I can make a wall hanging, lol. I still love the Thicket fabric...going to be a fall finish for me!

Anna said...

LOVE the name of the shop, LOL! And I have got to order that tote!!! or maybe I can make a wall hanging, lol. I still love the Thicket fabric...going to be a fall finish for me!

The little book of Nessie said...

It's great spending time together with friends with the same interests. Love seeing the quilt shops etc. Regards, Nessie

Karen said...

Unusual name for a quilt shop. I enjoy seeing pictures of shops I probably will never get to visit.