Wednesday 6 September 2017

I've taken to trying to remember to put month markers on my Instagram account and I think this one says September to a T.
 Yesterday I walked along the quay to go to Angelina's for breakfast and this is what our smoky skies look like.  We had a nice stretch of blue skies but fires in B.C. Alberta, Washington, Oregon , California, Idaho and Wyoming are burning fiercely and affecting air quality all up and down the coast and inland.
 We are more fortunate than others but I'm hoping Mother Nature keeps her promise of rain by the weekend to help the firefighters and the lands along with animals and people affected by this devastation.  Hoping that Texas and Louisiana dry out and that Florida and the east coast don't get hit by the next hurricanes.  Not to mention all the devastation in S.E Asia.
 The lighting did prove to be nice for pictures.  Caught another busy bee on these pretty purple blooms.
 I think I stared a picture of a very small white star flower, well they've died back and look what's happening.  Another flower is emerging.  Will share those in a day or two most are still tightly closed.
 Some tiny white cyclamen against drying grasses.
 Love these delicate succulent blossoms.
 A similar colour combination.
 Check out the pollen sacs on this bee!

 Another September marker I made.

I finally started sewing my houses together these are the four house 1.
 House 2.
 House 3.
 House 4.
 House 5.

 Remember on Labour Day not all workers get the day off!
Once I've sewn all the houses I'l share each side with you.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

What a delightful variety of houses in the neighborhood. We've been pretty smokey here too. What a dreadful summer for fires, hurricanes and flooding.

Susan said...

Like the houses, LOVE the flower photos! You always find such wonderful things to photograph.