Monday 11 December 2017

Coming out of a Fog...

Since last Wednesday I've been in a bit of a fog...we are experiencing a temperature inversion which means it is colder at lower elevations and warmer at higher elevations resulting in a lot of fog.
 Approximately 15 minutes after the above picture the next one was taken.  This has been my view for several days and sometimes even thicker.
 Thursday morning it was very soupy.  I needed to go uptown to my mom's place to drop a few things off.
 Here is the view from her 13th floor condo...mine is somewhere in all that fog along the river.
 Looking a bit farther east.
 Looking west towards Moody Park you can see frost on the roofs.  It was freezing at my place and about 40 uptown.
 Looking north towards the mountains we call the Lions.
 Descending back into the fog in Queen's Park.
 On Saturday I drove up Burnaby Mtn. to take some pictures of the city.  This is looking north and east up Indian Arm off Burrard Inlet.


 Looking towards downtown Vancouver.
 Swinging more north and west you should be able to see the Lion's Gate Bridge linking downtown Vancouver to West Vancouver.
 A longer shot of how sunny and clear it was on the mountain.
 Every so often there were these fog eruptions.
 Driving back around Brentwood and heading into another fog bank and across looking at some of the buildings along Kingsway in the MetroTown area.
 Caught this sight as I got home with the sun shining thru the end condo's windows.
 Our pump has been repaired and the waterfalls are flowing at a slower rate than usual.
 The next few pictures were taken of the sunset last night. Love the pink highlights in the clouds.
 Pale lavender and pink tones.
 Sky deepening in colour.
 Clouds starting to leave.
 Almost now clouds.  But surprising almost most of the evening I could get a good view of the condo across the river but just before I went to sleep the fog had returned very thick in a blink of an eye.
 This popped up on my Facebook page yesterday such a pretty view.
 I found that you can review your Intagram for the year and went back and checked out 2016 mainly quilt related with a view of the snowy courtyard.
 This year's review was mainly images from my Down the Rabbit Hole Quilt with a centre picture of my tulip quilt.  I've actually been adding some tulips to the DTRH quilt lately.
This is the view this morning, I'm hoping the fog is gone for awhile.  Back to prepping leaves and bias for the DTRH quilt.
                                                    

6 comments:

Sharon said...

We've been having a lot of fog here in Washington as well, and freezing weather at night. It is definitely winter! I don't mind fog as long as I don't have to drive in it, or if it's not too thick. It can really get gloomy in that case.

You have some really great photos!

I still need to do my top 9 pix on IG. I wonder what they were? Funny that yours are all Down the Rabbit Hole. I love what you're doing with it!

WoolenSails said...

Everything looks so ethereal with the fog, love the photos.
Nice to be above it all when it is surrounding you every day, we tend to get more since we live on the coast.

Debbie

Sherrill said...

What are those carved wood pieces up on the mountain (above the fog eruption pic)? They really are beautiful. You had some fantastic photos!

Kyle said...

Love your photos. We've had some great sunsets too.

KaHolly said...

Living on the ocean, I am often 'in a fog'! I love those foggy days!

Susan said...

Wow, those are amazing pictures, every single one of them. You are such a fortunate woman to live in a place that provides so many interesting photographs through the year. Thank you for sharing them.